This week was better than the one before it.
As always, if I’m missing anything that can be accessed without too much trouble, @ me on twitter: henrytcasey .
What I Watched
- Beyond Wrestling: Apocalypse Dudes, 10/29
- Monday Night Raw, 10/30
- SmackDown LIVE, 10/31
- 205 Live, 10/31
- NXT, 11/1
- Fight Club Pro: Day of the Dead, 11/2 VOD
- Progress Chapter 56: La Danse Macabre, 11/2 VOD
Upcoming Watch List
- NJPW Power Struggle, 11/5
- Monday Night Raw, 11/6
- SmackDown LIVE, 11/7
- 205 Live, 11/7
- NXT, 11/8
Non-WWE Match of The Week:
Aussie Open vs Moustache Mountain
This match almost didn’t make it here, but because Hon. Mention 1 has Stokely and Hon. Mention 2 has Goth Martina, but wow this is a showcase of greatness.
If you’re not familiar with Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis, collectively known as Aussie Open, then take this match — you get Tyler Bate and Trent Seven, you can trust them — as your first taste. Fletcher’s god damn one arm … well, I’ll let you see that, and everything else, for yourself.
- Jonathan Gresham with Stokely Hathaway vs Travis “Flip” Gordon, Beyond Wrestling: Apocalypse Dudes, 10/29
- Session Goths vs No Fun Police, Fight Club Pro: Day of the Dead, 11/2
Non-WWE Segment of The Week
Sure, we gotta boo the heels, but holy heck I write this in praise of this segment. Because
- excellent payoff to what Progress was building.
- Vicky Haskins is a deity, or possibly a demon.
A closed system inevitably descends into disorder
WWE Match of The Week:
Authors of Pain vs SAnitY featuring William Regal’s Takeover Announcement
Not only was this a fun match in a week filled with fun WWE matches, but it has a little bonus at the end. Something that most got spoiled by in one way or another.
- Big E vs Rusev, SmackDown LIVE, 10/31
- Mustafa Ali vs Ariya Daivari vs Tony Nese vs Gran Metalik in a Fright Night Fatal 4-Way, 205 Live, 10/31
- Rich Swann vs The Brian Kendrick, 205 Live, 10/31
WWE Segment of the Week:
“Everybody can get it, and everybody will” – Samoa Joe
Monday Night Raw, 10/30
Watch this promo and answer me this question:
How is Joe not the champion of the universe at this point?
Is it because being a little chubb and not being white are both things that Vince doesn’t think work, and combined, he just can’t put the rocket on you? God damn Joe is the best.